- Create a cleaning schedule: Develop a weekly or monthly cleaning schedule to stay on top of household tasks and prevent clutter and dirt from building up.
- Declutter your space: Go through each room and remove items you no longer need or use. Donate or sell them to free up space and create a more organised environment.
- Use storage containers: Invest in storage containers or bins to keep items neatly organised. Label each container to easily find what you need.
- Implement a file system: Set up a filing system for important documents and papers. Use labelled folders or a filing cabinet to keep everything organised and easily accessible.
- Sort and organise closets: Empty out your closets and sort items into categories. Use storage solutions like hanging organisers, bins, and shelf dividers to maximise space and keep things tidy.
August 10, 2023 | Lifestyle
Cleaning and Organising Ideas For Your Home
- Create a command centre: Designate an area in your home as a command centre for important family information. Use a bulletin board or whiteboard to keep track of schedules, to-do lists, and important reminders.
- Organise kitchen cabinets: Arrange your kitchen cabinets by grouping similar items together. Use shelf organisers, drawer dividers, and clear storage containers to keep everything in order.
- Set up a laundry system: Create a laundry routine and establish designated spaces for dirty and clean clothes. Install shelves or cabinets to store laundry supplies neatly.
- Tackle the pantry: Organize your pantry by grouping similar items together and utilising storage containers for dry goods. Consider adding a shelf riser or lazy Susan for easier access.
- Streamline your bathroom: Sort through bathroom products and discard expired items. Use drawer dividers, small bins, or organisers to keep toiletries and essentials neatly arranged.
- Organise your garage: Sort and categorise items in your garage, such as tools, sports equipment, and seasonal decorations. Install shelves, pegboards, or wall-mounted hooks to keep everything organised.
- Digitise paperwork: Scan and save important documents digitally to reduce paper clutter. Use cloud storage or external hard drives to keep your files secure and easily accessible.
- Establish a mail station: Create a designated area for incoming mail. Sort it immediately, discarding junk mail and organising bills or important documents in labelled folders.
- Clean out your refrigerator: Regularly clean out your refrigerator, discarding expired items and wiping down shelves and drawers. Use clear storage bins to keep similar food items together.
- Develop a cleaning routine: Establish a regular cleaning routine that includes tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and sanitising frequently touched surfaces. Break it down into daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
Remember, organising and cleaning is an ongoing process. Take it one step at a time and make it a habit to maintain a tidy and organized living space.